What is this!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Impolite

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, a blue mystery snail. I got it when I got a yellow one, and he never ever comes out. So, I quarantined him first in a critter keeper thing I use when I'm cleaning my fish tanks, but right now I have him in a betta cup. I've never seen it come out as long as I've had it and I was looking at my betta because shed been sock but I treated her and I noticed it was out. And it had these little yellow things. Idk if it's poop or what, but there's a lot of it. Maybe the reason it didn't come out because it was super constipated but now it is, still not moving though, just a little open. And it seems like it wants to be out more with the light on it. Idk. But what's the little yellow stuff? It's attached to his underside. I tried to take pics but it's kinda small to see

Attachments

• image-3654582367.jpg
    image-3654582367.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 116
  • image-1070751502.jpg
    image-1070751502.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 114
I didn't see that you said he wasn't moving. Take him out and give it a whiff. If it smells like rotting garbage, he's dead and what you see are his insides coming out. If he doesn't smell like much, he's probably alive

I had the same problem. I left the stupid snail in the tank waiting for it to come out, never did. Either toss it, or take it back and plead that you sold me a dead snail to the lfs. xD

It sticks to the side when itry to take it out. Then finally gives up. Sometimes it's little arm moves around, but I'm taking it back any ways toget a yellow one because now I feel displeasure from blue ones.
Anyways, it was earlier (this morning) when I tried to take it out and it stuck, but I dont feel like getting up to smell it. Plus, the shell is tightly compact, which means the muscles are being used to keep it all together (they have 2 parts, as we know.) and when I touched his flap earlier it shut up

Impolite said:
It sticks to the side when itry to take it out. Then finally gives up. Sometimes it's little arm moves around, but I'm taking it back any ways toget a yellow one because now I feel displeasure from blue ones.
Anyways, it was earlier (this morning) when I tried to take it out and it stuck, but I dont feel like getting up to smell it. Plus, the shell is tightly compact, which means the muscles are being used to keep it all together (they have 2 parts, as we know.) and when I touched his flap earlier it shut up

Well, than it looks like he's alive!!

I smelt him today and he literally smells like rotten garbage... But is stuck to the side with more of that yellow stuff on his butt. Maybe he's in the process of diein. Idk, either way he's going back and I'm getting another.

That's weird. If he smells, he's dead; I don't understand how he could be sticking. Weird!

It was his water that smelt dead, i just changed it and smelt him, and he's fine smelling. Not a bad and not a good smell. He definately baffles me

Back
Top Bottom