What is this,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is an Aiptasia anemone. They reproduce quickly through fission and may sting corals. If you have just a few I found the best way to kill them is to mix up kalkwasser to a paste and use a syringe (no needle) to inject it into the mouth of the animal. They will quickly retract when you do this, so you might need to chase after it into the hole they are anchored in. Don't pull at it or it will tear producing smaller clones.

Leeh24 said:
Thanks, it's not near anything and there is only one at the moment. Should I kill it or do you think it will
Multipli and get out of control ?

Kill it before it will be to late lol

The dreaded aiptasia....I still have to kill all of them in my tank every few months. While they aren't harmful, they can overwhelm a tank easily. Use aiptasia x

I have a small aipistasia in my tank too. Burnt the big one out but there are probably more. Thinking about peppermint shrimp. Will he eat the feather dusters too?

Ingy said:
I have a small aipistasia in my tank too. Burnt the big one out but there are probably more. Thinking about peppermint shrimp. Will he eat the feather dusters too?

I bought 7 peppermint shrimp. They ate all of it. However, if the aipistasia is pretty large they usually wont eat it. But its worth a shot.

And the shrimp are hilarious at feeding time.

Back
Top Bottom