What is this ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The tang police have given up. If your tangs aren't ick covered and are living large, you don't have a stocking problem. If they are sick, then you do.

Water is mixed, and has been sitting for a hour .
Tested nitrates , SG and Phos .
Phos : 0 ppm
Nitrate : 5 ppm
SG : 1.024
The Phos was between 0 ppm and 0.25 ppm
Seeing as I've been feeding more then normal assuming cause this Foxface was eating more then everything combined .
What goes in must come out . Lol
It all gets converted into nitrate eventually .

Wow .
I am kinda embarrassed to even admit it but found out my tank will not filter itself just with the live rock and skimmer .
I went to pull out my canister and it wasn't even hooked up .
When I changed the water on Saturday I cleaned the canister and didn't hook it back up after priming .
Hopefully this cleans it up .
I am still looking into a water system .

Wow . I am kinda embarrassed to even admit it but found out my tank will not filter itself just with the live rock and skimmer . I went to pull out my canister and it wasn't even hooked up . When I changed the water on Saturday I cleaned the canister and didn't hook it back up after priming . Hopefully this cleans it up . I am still looking into a water system .

You might consider using Purigen in your canister filter. It is very efficient at binding organic molecules and can be recharged.

Do you have your own well or cit water supply? You really shouldn't have nitrates in your water supply. You are just below the safe amount of 10ppm.
http://water.epa.gov/drink/contaminants/basicinformation/nitrate.cfm

Your live rock is doing its job. Nitrates are the end product. Ammonia -> nitrite -> nitrate -> WC. With the nitrates in your water you WC's are less effective at removing nitrate. You may want to do them more frequently or larger quantity until you get a RO/DI unit. Witch unfortunately will cause you to go through more salt but will result in a happier tank.

A basic one will set you Bach about $129 (3 buckets of salt)
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-4-stage-value-ro-di-system-75gpd.html

I have been looking at that same system for awhile .
Does it hook up to a tap or have to be plumbed in to ?
I live in a apartment and can't really modify the plumbing .

Do you have your own well or cit water supply? You really shouldn't have nitrates in your water supply. You are just below the safe amount of 10ppm. http://water.epa.gov/drink/contaminants/basicinformation/nitrate.cfm Your live rock is doing its job. Nitrates are the end product. Ammonia -> nitrite -> nitrate -> WC. With the nitrates in your water you WC's are less effective at removing nitrate. You may want to do them more frequently or larger quantity until you get a RO/DI unit. Witch unfortunately will cause you to go through more salt but will result in a happier tank. A basic one will set you Bach about $129 (3 buckets of salt) http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-4-stage-value-ro-di-system-75gpd.html

I'm thinking I might be spending too much on a bucket of salt . I'm paying $70 for a 35 lb bucket .

I have been looking at that same system for awhile . Does it hook up to a tap or have to be plumbed in to ? I live in a apartment and can't really modify the plumbing .

Comes with
Parts Bag Includes:
Filter wrench to tighten and loosen canisters
Chrome faucet connector to make a non-permanent connection to kitchen sink
Utility sink/garden hose adapter to make a non-permanent connection to garden hose or laundry tub

Comes with Parts Bag Includes: Filter wrench to tighten and loosen canisters Chrome faucet connector to make a non-permanent connection to kitchen sink Utility sink/garden hose adapter to make a non-permanent connection to garden hose or laundry tub

Thank you .
I'll save for a couple weeks and order one .
I knew a year ago I will have to someday but didn't think it was needed .

I didn't join this forum till after I had it set up .
To make things a little easier I did order a refractometre yesterday .
I'm not sure how long the shipping takes though .
Say good bye to hydrometer .

A little more accuracy will be better .

image-1623407118.jpg

Is this a good one ?
I have been watching the price for a few months .

Attachments

• image-2814003659.jpg
    image-2814003659.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom