what kind of fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanS180

Aquarium Advice Addict
Person on Craigslist is getting rid of his tank and he doesn't know what kind of fish this is.. best pic he could get me, any ideas??

IMG950250.jpg

Looks like a damselfish? I could be wrong...If it is a damsel, then I wouldn't recommend getting it as they are known to be very aggressive (and they are cheap anyway, so it's not like you would be getting a steal probably). IMO If he doesn't even know what kind of fish he got (and not willing to find out what type it is), it's not worth buying it. How is he pricing the tank and fish and such if he doesn't know what type and therefore the value? Hope this helps :D

obscurereef said:
Looks like a damselfish? I could be wrong...If it is a damsel, then I wouldn't recommend getting it as they are known to be very aggressive (and they are cheap anyway, so it's not like you would be getting a steal probably). IMO If he doesn't even know what kind of fish he got (and not willing to find out what type it is), it's not worth buying it. How is he pricing the tank and fish and such if he doesn't know what type and therefore the value? Hope this helps :D

No I know you got a good point lol he said he got it from a friend that paid $40 for him.. if it is a damsel then he got ripped off like no other haha I'm not buying, was just curious, thanks!

they can grow up to 8 inches

img_2125164_0_b6f0350342a79a6e0d158a816876ef19.jpg

An 8 inch damsel??? Wow that's unheard of for me haha that's pretty neat but.. still a damsel tho haha its a shame damsels are so annoying haha

saw one yesterday when I went out coral shopping it was the size of grapefruit but just not as fat very pretty fish though it did have a $45. price on it
small ones go for like $10 at R2G

bettaowner said:
That species is very aggressive I believe.

Yes these Neon Damsels are EXTREMELY aggressive!! I thought Blue Devil Fijis were aggressive until my neon killed it. Secondly, they will re arrange your tank. Knock over corals dig holes, all kinds of crap. I took mine back!!!

willbratz said:
Yes these Neon Damsels are EXTREMELY aggressive!! I thought Blue Devil Fijis were aggressive until my neon killed it. Secondly, they will re arrange your tank. Knock over corals dig holes, all kinds of crap. I took mine back!!!

Wow well once I heard it was a damsel I turned my attention towards something else lol I hate damsels

bettaowner said:
I used to like damsels until I realized how aggressive they were.

Yeah, there are some gorgeous damsels out there, but I just keep on walking when I see them in the store. Not even gonna mess with them. Not worth it IMO.

I noticed my Jeweled damsel slap my goby in the face with his tail over and over ..is that normal?

I really have started to wish I hadn't taken my buddy's two Damsels from him -_- . They like to kick up sand and boss the Goby around and harass everyone.

Jeremy S. said:
I noticed my Jeweled damsel slap my goby in the face with his tail over and over ..is that normal?

I really have started to wish I hadn't taken my buddy's two Damsels from him -_- . They like to kick up sand and boss the Goby around and harass everyone.

Awwwww... Poor little goby probably didn't even know what to do!! Darn damsels!!

The Goby is my favorite so these Damsels will be gone soon...mwuahaha

I felt bad for the Goby cause it looked like he was getting B**** slapped :/

Back
Top Bottom