What kind of pool filter sand is safe ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mine too, mine is named target and is from canada. I am spending tomorrow rinsing 150 lbs of the stuff.

OK, I have Re started & rockscaped my 100 Gallon for African Cichlids, I used 130 LBS of pool filter sand and my tank has been running now for almost 1 month. I took a few pictures tonight and please let me know what you think !
Bert

Attachments

• P1100004.jpg
    P1100004.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 89
  • P1100078.jpg
    P1100078.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 74
  • P1100008.jpg
    P1100008.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 71
  • P1100037.jpg
    P1100037.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 65
Thanks, The tank sat empty for a couple of months while I decided what I wanted to do with it since we bought this home and don't have to move like we did in the rental we had for 5 years. The Africans sure add some color to the tank and the sand, well, I am VERY PLEASED with the way it looks and how much easier water changes are with it. What do you think about my rockscape setup ?

To clean pool filter sand all you need is a 5 gal bucket and a garden hose. Fill the bucket about 1/3 full of sand. Stick in the garden hose. Swish it around to kick around any debris or dirt. Let the bucket overflow. Keep swishing and letting the water overflow until the water runs clear. Dump out the water and scoup the sand into the tank. No need for baking.

Thanks, I am happy I finally got it up and running, now the fun begins with choosing my Africans. more pictures to come later.
Bert

Back
Top Bottom