What kind of sand to use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah. Stick a root tab down there and youre good to go.

Root tabs are not necessary for Java fern; in fact, their roots do not even need to be placed into the substrate at all. This is one of the easiest plants to keep in the aquarium IME.

Root tabs are not necessary for Java fern; in fact, their roots do not even need to be placed into the substrate at all. This is one of the easiest plants to keep in the aquarium IME.

Yep youre right theyre almost too easy. A root tab cant do any harm though:D might give it a lighter fresher green look.

How often should I vacuum the substrate, I've had my tank for about two months and I've probably vacuumed it twice, I was told it's good to keep the waste and not vacuum all of the crap up at once but I don't know how true that is.

Update: This is what my 10 Gallon currently looks like

Plants are in there just to help cycle, not worried if they die or how stupid they look haha

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130911_195414.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130911_195414.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 62
Looks kool, ill be attempting the flower pot air stone trick but with a piece of slate or rock.

Yes it was quite easy, the pot already had a hole in it haha, just used a pair of scissors to make it big enough for the tube to fit in it then I stuck the air stone on the other end :p

I did play Sand from Home Depot I rinsed several times and it took 4 hours to fully settle it seems to work well

I used 100 lbs. of silica sand for my 125 gallon aquarium. It only took me about 45 minutes to get it cleaned.

Yeah it took me about an hour to clean the pool filter sand, I never had cloudiness or anything though which is good

Back
Top Bottom