what kinds if fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's very few. I've had good luck with otos, bn plecos, and also some nano fish. Although the nano fish like pygmy sunfishes, least killies, CPDs, etc I still believe will eat some shrimplets, but not nearly as bad as something like a betta or larger fish.

jetajockey said:
There's very few. I've had good luck with otos, bn plecos, and also some nano fish. Although the nano fish like pygmy sunfishes, least killies, CPDs, etc I still believe will eat some shrimplets, but not nearly as bad as something like a betta or larger fish.

Do you know if guppies will eat shrimp

they will eat shrimplets all day long, they may not bother the larger ones, adult female cherry shrimp get pretty big, but you won't be able to sustain a colony unless the tank is extremely planted out or you are just lucky.

jetajockey said:
they will eat shrimplets all day long, they may not bother the larger ones, adult female cherry shrimp get pretty big, but you won't be able to sustain a colony unless the tank is extremely planted out or you are just lucky.

And I know neons wont but they don't do anything. They stay in one spot. Do you know why?

Neon tetras. The ones I have just stay at the bottom in one spot. They only move when its time for them to eat

Hm, I thought neons were pretty lively. How long has the tank been set up? What are the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate levels? What is your filtration? Is the tank heated and at what temp? Is there surface agitation? What else is in the tank with them, are they being bullied by aggressive fish?

If they aren't moving it could be that something is wrong with the tank like too high levels of toxins, etc. I think neons are generally very active fish. Before adding anything else to the tank you should figure out why the neons aren't active. If you can answer my questions above it will help us help you better.

Well I don't know the levels of the water. I haven't got a test kit yet (cause I just got a car) but will soon. They r lively at night when moon light is on

If there's no fish in the tank then that might be why. Neons in a tank by themselves don't really do anything, that's how mine were for a week before I added in some fish.

bruinsbro1997 said:
If there's no fish in the tank then that might be why. Neons in a tank by themselves don't really do anything, that's how mine were for a week before I added in some fish.

Well what goes good with 4 neons that wont eat shrimp

Well I plan on doing that and its ghost shrimp right now but I want like 2 other fish that wont eat my shrimps because I use them to keep my tank clean

Back
Top Bottom