What last fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello. I have a 47 US gallon tank with a fluval 305 canister filter, a few plants, one piece of bog wood and a large rock.

It currently homes
10 neon tetra
8 harlequin rasbora
2 male swordtails
1 gbr
1 Otto catfish

I lost a few fish to columnaris but have finally manage to drive it off. I'm gonna let the tank settle now with the current stock but would like to add one more centrepiece fish in the future.

What do you recommend?

The Oto may like some company.

Centrepiece wise, I'd go for a pearl gourami.

Another gbr. So much fun to watch in pairs and a few more ottos

Yah add about 4 more ottos. Another GBR and a I agree a pearl gourami as a center piece and your tank should be good!

Thanks, I did have more ottos but they died. The remaining Otto is going strong and has an abundance of algae. Think I'll go with the pearl gourami and also consider another GBR :)

Sounds good how is your Firemouth pair doing?

Still got the 4 think 1 is definitely a female and tends to stay in a cave seems to be protected by a male but I'm not sure if the other 2 are both males or another 1 of each. Definitely seem some gill glaring with the sac on the 2 males but no major aggression so still keeping tabs until I can say for sure that 2 have paired off.

Nice sounds like a plan I love when they flare gills haha they look amazing!

Pearl gourami is a fantastic choice. You could also look into a pair of apistogramma cacatuoides.

Got a pair of pearl gouramis and a pair of gbr together with no aggression

A pearl wouldn't upset the community would it? Ie chase the ram?

It always comes down to the temperament of the individual fish but pearl gouramis are known as one of the most peaceful of their species (more so than DGs).

Back
Top Bottom