What lighting should i have for my sump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TomStav

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi, I have a 30G sump that has 1 section filled with LR and a refugium.

I am looking for an inexpensive lighting solution, as there will be no corals, I just need something bright enough for the LR.

I was hoping to maybe get something cheap at home depot, just not sure what bulbs/ fixtures would be adequate.

Any info/ suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

Cheap floresent lights would be good I went and bought one of those cheap floresent kitchen lights for my sump and it works great and it saved me about 100 bucks.

Cool that's what I was thinking, anyone know of a particular bulb (wattage and intensity) that would be sufficient for LR in a sump?

Thanks, it's a 30G sump but the LR section is about 10G and the refugium section is about 10G, I was thinking of putting a light over both because the dividers are black.

Ok that would be good the floresent lights are like 15 or 20 bucks at home depot. I'd just get two 24 watt floresent lights and u should gravey man I just have one for a 10 gallon and I couldn't ask for more it saved me so much money my local pet store wanted 125 bucks for a 24 watt sump light and I told them to suck my nuts for that so I and bought one for 20 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom