What on earth is in my tank and should I be worried?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennymph

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay so im cycling my tank ATM. Got some live plants in there and unfortunately snails came with it.. just noticed that there are miniscule white things jittering about on the glass, then there's some bigger ones that look like they have antennae but definitely not snails, AND some white worm like things. All over my tank, in the water and on the glass. Also on my plants there's some odd brown things (picture below). I tried to take a picture of one of these worms but they're so small I couldn't. As I'm in my cycle process I don't want to add anything like general cure etc. Might take the plants and bogwood out tomorrow though. Let me know what you think. Thank you ? IMG_20180106_212924.jpgIMG_20180106_212936.jpgIMG_20180106_214627.jpgIMG_20180106_214614.jpg

I’m not sure what any of those things are. If I were you I would wait a couple of weeks to see what happens. If they’re parasites then they will die from not having a food source. Sorry I couldn’t help much. Good luck!

I’m not sure what any of those things are. If I were you I would wait a couple of weeks to see what happens. If they’re parasites then they will die from not having a food source. Sorry I couldn’t help much. Good luck!
Yeah I'm not too worried because it's going to be a while until I stock my tank anyway it's just such a shock to see them all ? I'll just continue with my cycle as normal and keep my eye on them, but I will take the plants and driftwood and keep removing snails as I see them.

Back
Top Bottom