What plants can't I have????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flitabout

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I am having a brainfart here. What can I use with glut? I know it will melt vals and I know it will melt a few other so before I waste money again what should I not buy? I am running quad t5HO over a 55g if that helps and I high dose the glut. Ferts are pps pro. My tank needs some work as I have really let it go in the last couple of years.

Ok I am having a brainfart here. What can I use with glut? I know it will melt vals and I know it will melt a few other so before I waste money again what should I not buy? I am running quad t5HO over a 55g if that helps and I high dose the glut. Ferts are pps pro. My tank needs some work as I have really let it go in the last couple of years.

Can I ask how you possibly keep algae under control in a tank with 270 watts of t5 over it lol?

As far as I know vals are the most talked about glut sensitive plant, anacharis is another that will melt away.

Try turning down the light and decide what you want to grow. If you want High Light then save yourself money and just do CO2 (its actually cheap in the long run) . If you love GLUT then just use low light and dose it per Excel Instructions . Only thing I know that dislikes GLUT is sag. but here are others also

I didn't say I had no plants just that I couldn't remember what plants couldn't get with high dosing excel. I bumped up my tank from a 37g to a 55g and I am still deciding what else I want to put in the tank. Glut does a very good job of keeping my algae under control. I just want to go back to a really heavily planted tank. While co2 in the long run would be much cheaper right now for me I can't afford the set up costs so it isn't an option.

Back
Top Bottom