What time of coral is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juice28

Aquarium Advice Freak
my LFS said it was an aropora but I havent been able to find a picture of a matching acropra so, I am asking the pro's. The pictureis the best Icould et without disturbing it. It has a think skeleton that looks like a tree branch but seems to expand and looks very fluffy. It has small pinkish tentacles all over it and it glows green under the acinic lights. Any ideas?

Attachments

• acropora.jpg
    acropora.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 208
Difficult to see in that picture. Will Probably have to get something a little closer before people can get you an ID.

its close but no its not that...it is reallypuffy almost like cotton candy, but when i move it or touch it it draws up and looks likt a tree branch.. ill see if I can move it to the front of the tank and get a picture, it seems to like the fast/moderate water flow but hopefully itwill expand in the low flow area so i can get a better picture

I cant tell still what it is. I`m bumping this up. Any of you ID experts got a clue?

Thanks for looking out for me, lol I have no idea either, it was free so i took it lol it is dong well and has actually grown a bit since I first got it, my LFS said it was an acropora but ive googled and ask.com'd and looked through a lot of books and I have never seen an acropora like that...

Can you get a closer pic with and without polyp extension, please?

Hydnopora.sp
Here's an old pic of a piece I had.
hydno_encrusting.jpg

hydno_3-07.jpg

Last edited:
Hydnopora. ccCapt is right. Here is one that I got 6 months ago, its on the right. I had a black sponge on it at that time too. Not anymore.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 57
wrong picture on the last reply, sorry.

Attachments

• 009 (3).jpg
    009 (3).jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 53
Back
Top Bottom