What to do with This Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thepufflife

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well, i got an unused 28 bow... what should be done with it? Id like to make it into a mantis tank, but afraid it might break right thru the acrylic (and im not sure whether the sides are glass or acrylic)

PS sorry i wasnt sure where to put this thread

A mantis shouldn't break through the acrylic as easily as glass, but then again that's why you should purchase a "spearer" and not a "crusher." Those terms are just an easy way to differentiate the appendages and most reputable lfs' or online retailers can differentiate for you.

Yeah... spearers mostly like fish, while crushers go for crusteceans... are the sides of bow fronts glass or acrylic?

Depends on the manufacturer. I'd find out who makes it and give them a call. I wouldn't keep any mantis, regardless of type, with fish. Really do deserve thier own specie-specific enclosure, but definitely worth their weight :)

Yeah, i know not to keep a fish with it... sorry for that misunderstanding... these guys are so cool, ive wanted one for several months.

Any other suggestions?

Darn... i got it on sale at petsmart, now i cant find it online... all i know is that it came wiith a topfin filter, and some Tetra maintenance supplies.

Back
Top Bottom