What to do with this unused tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

George9

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is asked a lot around here. But i have an empty 10 g tank laying around and I wanna do something with it. I'm looking for something really different. I thought of those little fiddler crabs, but they're brackish :( I was thinking maybe some shrimp, but does anyone know of any cool inverts or something that could live in a 10g?

George9 said:
This is asked a lot around here. But i have an empty 10 g tank laying around and I wanna do something with it. I'm looking for something really different. I thought of those little fiddler crabs, but they're brackish :( I was thinking maybe some shrimp, but does anyone know of any cool inverts or something that could live in a 10g?

I say keep it simple, 10g with a Betta! I like big tanks with a Betta! :)

I found them lol! I think I like the blueberry shrimp and tiger shrimp. Would I be able to keep both in the same tank?

I'd start a thread on the invert subforum of fw & brackish. Prolly get alot of answers there.

jkdubs2 said:
I'd start a thread on the invert subforum of fw & brackish. Prolly get alot of answers there.

Haha I didn't even realize there was an invert sub forum

You could do a 10g low light planted. I've got Cherry Shrimp, Yellow Rabbit Snails, and Celestial Pearl Danios in a 10g and everything breeds like crazy. About every 2-3 months I thin out the tank and take them to my LFS for credit. Half my corals in my reef tank are from trades.

bluebarry and tiger shrimp are both colour mourphs of CRS,and will crossbreed,making(i think)ugly,brown shrimp. if you want to keep to crs morphs,its crs(crystal red shrimp)and cbs(crystal black shrimp),for some reason when they interbreed they make 1 or the other. but my suggestion is a betta and 3 african dwarf frogs

bluebarry and tiger shrimp are both colour mourphs of CRS,and will crossbreed,making(i think)ugly,brown shrimp. if you want to keep to crs morphs,its crs(crystal red shrimp)and cbs(crystal black shrimp),for some reason when they interbreed they make 1 or the other. but my suggestion is a betta and 3 african dwarf frogs

ehh, I wanna do something different than bettas. I'm leaning more towards shrimp. If I kept all blueberry shrimp, would their offspring be brown too?

ehh, I wanna do something different than bettas. I'm leaning more towards shrimp. If I kept all blueberry shrimp, would their offspring be brown too?
some would,but not very many. it would be kinda rare. you could always do blueberry and RCS,so youd get 2 inds and they wouldnt interbreed

alLexX said:
some would,but not very many. it would be kinda rare. you could always do blueberry and RCS,so youd get 2 inds and they wouldnt interbreed

Cool! I think that's what I'm gonna do :)

They like moss and stuff right? Should I just feed them parts of algae wafers?

I feed my RCS just about everything from flakes to frozen and everything in between. Eventually what plants you have won't matter, they'll be everywhere, they breed like rabbits.

I'll add rabbit snails will eat plants.

Shrimp like RCS will require a planted tank with some cover, like mosses.

Back
Top Bottom