What to stock on the 30 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I'm completely redoing my 40 gallon. And I don't know what to stock it with so I was wondering if you guys could help me out. My set up is

Tank-30 gallon

Filter-Aqua clear 300 and aqua tech 15 gallon combined to 85 gals of filtration.

Heater-tetra heater rated for 20-30 gal

So any suggestions would be great. And I'm keeping it all fresh water also.

Thanks

You left the question wide open so let me give you a couple of possible combos. First, I like to use the entire tank top. middle and bottom.

#1 Start with your top dwellers, 4-6 platys, 6-8 male Endlers
Middle-6 Cherry Barbs 4 normal, 2 albino. 6-8 Harliquin Rasbora
Bottome-6 corys (Pick a small variety) and 6-8 Kuhli Loaches. You may want to toss in some Mystrey Snails.

#2 Top-A large Paridise Fish or 4 Sparling Gouramis or a male Pearl Gourami. Middle-6-8 Scissor Tail Rasboras and 4-6 Head and Tail Light Tetras-or 6-8 Black Neon Tetras and some Lemon Tetras. Bottom Either a pair od Rams, 2 Pairs fo Kribs half normal, half albino. Or, Two Cherax Crayfish such as Tigers, Zebras, Aprocots. The Cherax get big and are much too slow to catch fish. A 10" crayfish that is bightly colored is hard to miss.

You left the question wide open so let me give you a couple of possible combos. First, I like to use the entire tank top. middle and bottom.

#1 Start with your top dwellers, 4-6 platys, 6-8 male Endlers
Middle-6 Cherry Barbs 4 normal, 2 albino. 6-8 Harliquin Rasbora
Bottome-6 corys (Pick a small variety) and 6-8 Kuhli Loaches. You may want to toss in some Mystrey Snails.

#2 Top-A large Paridise Fish or 4 Sparling Gouramis or a male Pearl Gourami. Middle-6-8 Scissor Tail Rasboras and 4-6 Head and Tail Light Tetras-or 6-8 Black Neon Tetras and some Lemon Tetras. Bottom Either a pair od Rams, 2 Pairs fo Kribs half normal, half albino. Or, Two Cherax Crayfish such as Tigers, Zebras, Aprocots. The Cherax get big and are much too slow to catch fish. A 10" crayfish that is bightly colored is hard to miss.

Thanks for the suggestions I live your ideas. I'm not sure if I'm going to pull the trigger on one or not quite yet. But if anyone else as any suggestions feel free to let me know

My planned stock for my 30 is 5 zebra danios, 8 neon tetras, 5 neon dwarf rainbow fish, 4 Cory's, 4 kuhli loaches, 5 ghost shrimp , and a honey gourami.

I love rams so I will suggest Blue or Gold rams. I also love Red Cherry Shrimp and Red Crystal Shrimp. Be careful of the lobster as it will eat your fish and plants

A good looking tank would be something natural looking with a sand bottom if you want any type of bottom dweller sand is the best. But as far as stock goes I would get

1- Pearl Gourami
6- Silver Hatchetfish
10- Harlequin Rasbora or 10 cherry barb or 10 lemon tetra or 10 cardinal tetra
1- Bristlenose Pleco
8- Cory Catfish or 8- Kuhli Loach

Or you could do

1- Angelfish
8- Cory Catfish
10- Lemon or 10 Cardinal tetra
1- Bristlenose Pleco

Back
Top Bottom