What to stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nathan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone!

You may have of read my introduction thread but if not, I'm nathan!

I have a 100L & 20L tank. I'm really just interested in the 100L tank at the moment. Can you all just give me suggestions for some fish to stock? I dont know if I want to breed fish or just keep them for fun.

Thanks!
Nathan.

Okay so your 26g tank.... (100L) I would look into a school of tetras. For example my favorite are rummynose or neons. This really depends what you're looking for and how new you are. If you are new I would suggest platy, endlers, guppy, or another person favorite is cherry barbs.

How new to the fish world are you?

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Just read your introduction. Since you're experienced I would suggest a ram. Possibly Bolivian or German blue. I have both and love them. They are also great in communities but only 1 in the tank.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Just read your introduction. Since you're experienced I would suggest a ram. Possibly Bolivian or German blue. I have both and love them. They are also great in communities but only 1 in the tank.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

I was thinking of a pair of German rams but you say only 1? One as in one type or only one fish (not a pair)

My last tetra school diseased my whole tank and didn't really school at all (I had 12)

Nathan.

A pair(M/F) works yes... when I said one I mean no more than one male ram. But they are peaceful with other fish so you can put many species with them!

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

How about electric yellow's? They look so sick! I've narrowed down my options:
1. Ram based community tank
2. Kribensis based community tank
3. Bristlenose based community tank
4. Corydoras based community tank
5. Basic Community tank
What I mean by a species based tank is I set-up the tank to suit those fish rather than have a generalised tank for every species.

Nathan.

I would for sure say no to any pleco in this tank. They just poop way too much. I would suggest option 1 or 2 but include corys

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

I would suggest:

2 German blue rams
5 neon dwarf rainbows
6 peppered cory cats

here was my setup that has worked very nicely although the rams were poor stock and didn't last (also a power outage during a snowstorm killed a bunch of fish):

5 peppered corydoras
2 blue rams
20 glowlight tetras

I'm kind of wanting to keep Kribs again since my last attempt failed badly (Male killed female and then died himself). Bristlenose's have always appealed to me aswell though..

Nathan.

Back
Top Bottom