What type of plecos are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DazF

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, picked up a used 40 gal today :) need help with some of the fishies that came with it!

Are they just common plecs?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393799301.580086.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393799311.423399.jpg

If that is a 40 gallon, those are huge. I think those ones are Hypostomus plecostomus. Just the common ones you can get from anywhere. They do need to be taken out of that tank though.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Loo thanks guys i thought so, they are about 13" at the mo...
I already plan on taking them out just need to find someone who wants the beasts haha

Loo thanks guys i thought so, they are about 13" at the mo... I already plan on taking them out just need to find someone who wants the beasts haha
got a backyard? Start digging haha! Freebie on craigslist may work!

Hey guys, picked up a used 40 gal today :) need help with some of the fishies that came with it!

Are they just common plecs?

View attachment 225551View attachment 225552

Holy crap they're huge!
These pictures need to go in a thread called "why no one should buy common Plecos" that is stickied on this forum.

Is that a red tailed shark in the back ground of the second picture?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Holy crap they're huge!
These pictures need to go in a thread called "why no one should buy common Plecos" that is stickied on this forum.

Is that a red tailed shark in the back ground of the second picture?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It looks like a clown loach. Actually I'm a 100% sure that's a clown loach

Its a clown loach, there are 4 of them, again will need to be rehomed :/ this guy majorly overstocked the tank!

That's crazy! 4 clowns?! You have like 15 pounds of fish in there.. Oh boyy!

I know this person seemed to have just thrown any fish in the tank... Cant seem to find any person or shop who wants to take the plecos :/

Try a local florist or landscaper Usually they have ponds and if you let them know they are usually low maintains they will probably take them

My brother in law wants them, he just got an old 300 litre tank that his dad used to have, but it hasn't been running for quite some time... Not sure if i can keep them while he cycles!

Back
Top Bottom