what types of fish has bitten you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have been bitten buy an oscar once, when i was cleaning the tank and he grabbed a finger(i guess it looked like food too him), got bit once by a male jack dempsey that was garding its babys( stupidity on my part from leaving my hand in the tnak and turning my head too see who scored in a hockey game), iv been bitten by convict cichlids a few time all times where when they where guarding there eggs or babys, and shocked by my electric catfish once will feeding. and lots of little bite from putting my finger on the surface of the water too see if the little fish like bettas and tetras would think its food.

ive been bitten by my bettas, my tetras, guppies and once my pleco started to suck on my finger when i was cleaning my tank....it scared me sooo bad i all most cryed. guess not a lot of big fish have bitten me huh??? :)

if you ever had a baby suck on your finger if is a lot like that but not as much area is sucked... but it was scary and the person watching didnt say anything.

My Dwarf Gourami usually feels my hand with his feelers whenever I have a hand in the tank. He does it for a few minutes usually. He is so cute :)

I've been bitten by my Zebras (more like a peck), my Tiger Barbs (more vicious, but still painless), and by all those other harmless things. I've also been bitten by my "Autumn Fish" (my daughter, LOL, who once took an adventure in an empty tank) and THAT is the worst bite of all! Because usually she was trying to nurse when she bit me... 8O

I have not been attacked by a freshwater fish but my maroon clown (saltwater) sure does attack my hand multpile times when ever im working in the tank.

Ooo damn Punky LOL Ouch!

None of my guys have bitten me. That being said, the angels haven't bred yet. I'm sure if they decide to go there, I'm in trouble when I clean the tank. They DO attack the siphon. I think they see the debris going up the tube and think its food LOL

I have been bitten by an oscar, betta, guppies, misc. african cichlids, and a ravenous school of full grown giant danios swarmed on my fingers today. I was also almost bitten by a very large saltwater eel at the pet store. I was looking in one tank playing with the fish making them come to the surface not realizing my other hand was hanging onto the tank to my left and it housed a very large eel that had come out of its cave and began rising to the surface. A quick shout from my buddy and my fingers where saved. But my most memorable "when fish attack" moment was when I was doing a tank transfer with one of my piranha. I had him in a gallon ziplock filled with water and he bit a hole in the bag, DUH. Seeing that water was now pouring all over the carpet I took my free hand and covered the hole to stop the leak. Well yeah the fish bit me and took a perfectly round chunk out of the palm of my hand the diameter of a pencil eraser. I could also tell you about the 6 foot octopus I tangled with, but that's not tank related. :D

Bitten

I have been bitten several times while feeding my large Oscars. Just last week I was bitten by my large Jack Dempsey while feeding him. On that same day while cleaning the glass in the tank my 36 inch Silver Arrowana snuck up on me and bit me on my wrist. He didn't bite down too hard and didn't break the skin. I think he was just playing. He usually lets me rub his belly and his back.

one of my goldfish has attempted to take a chomp outta my fingers....but kinda in that mistaking me for food kinda way, and once he realizes his error, he usually scurries away.

not quite the same as swimming furiously away from sharks in indonesia! LOL

SoCal are eels really that dangerous? What kind of damage can they inflict? I wanna hear the octopus story! :)

Ryan

I've had many fish nibble, but I had two tomato clowns when I kept reef tanks that would try to rip you to pieces. These fish didn't nibble, they knocked the he!! out of you.

Back
Top Bottom