What was your first FW fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What was your first freshwater fish?

• Goldfish

Votes: 45 27.8%
  • Betta

Votes: 31 19.1%
  • Tetra

Votes: 16 9.9%
  • Danio

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Pleco

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Molly

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Platy

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Angelfish

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Barb

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Rasbora

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Loach

• Guppy

Votes: 10 6.2%
  • Other (post below)

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • Mmm...dinner?

• Total voters
Goldfish in a .5 gallon... But the first REAL fish I had was a rainbow shark and a rosy barb in a ten gallon... :face palm:

Betta was the first seen a blue and red guy and i had to have it i was young and suckered my mother to buy me it and a 5 gallon tank lol i miss being young

My first fish was a Betta in a gallon bowl that I got for my birthday when I was a lot younger. His name was Ruby, and he was bright red, and a vieltail. He liked to play dead, and lived for about three years.

I honestly have no idea. I've had a 10Gal tank in my room since I was born. o__o
Probably some kind of tetra or barb but, WHO KNOWS?

My first fish was a bleeding heart tertra in a 20g tank.. that was 10 years ago though. Currently my first fish was a fancy guppy x3

Well you might won't believe it but it was a small Brown bullhead (Ameiurus nebulosus). was about 5 cm long and later when my friend gave me his guppies the guppies has been eaten by it. No heating or filteration in the tank, but still was working just fine. The Tank was as small as 4 liters and I was feeding my fish with worms what I have nicked my fathers fishing boxes. I had this fish for about a year and then been reliesed to the lake where it came from. It was about 25 or so years ago. :)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    6.4 KB · Views: 129
My very first were fancy goldfish when I was an 8th Grader. Now ... many years later ... TigerBarbs and a RTS.

i voted barbs, because last year when my husband and i bought our first tank, we got 2 rosy barbs for it (that was pre-AA. when they started getting ill i found this site and learned about cycling. they didn't make it)

but now that i think of it, our first christmas together, my hubs bought me a betta. he lived in a 1 or 2 gal bowl...he lived less than a year :( RIP Mercury...he was pretty gorgeous

Shame... sorry to hear about your barbs... AA has really helped me so much since I started out... :fish2:

A zebrafish (which I think is a danio) and some rosy red minnows (which I still like to keep around ^-^ ).

Jana said:
A zebrafish (which I think is a danio) and some rosy red minnows (which I still like to keep around ^-^ ).

The zebra fish is probably the zebra Danio. Is it the fish you were asking about earlier?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom