What would YOU do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verucaproduce

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently acquired a used tank which I believe to be between 25-29 gallons. (I don't have the measurements handy)

Anyway, I came to the realization that even though I am very excited about the tank...I have no idea what I want to put in it. I thought if I heard what others might stock it with, it might help me make up my mind.

So, what would YOU do with it?

At the moment, I'm on a small, schooling fish trip.
I would put put three schools of 6 barbs/large tetras, and five corys. Maybe throw in an oto or a dwarf ancistrus pleco in a few months, when the algae begins to build up.

I like fluffs suggestion but I am also interested in khuli loaches right now so I might make a tank specifically designed for them with lots of plants & wood & some otos for maintenance.

Menagerie,
Can you tell me a little more about the badis badis? I have been very interested in them since I heard you mention them a while ago. Are they naughty little fish? How big do they get?

Also, what is a stone cat?!? :oops:

Man, Toirtis. I wish I lived close to you and could convince you to give me some of those tanks!!

My vote:

6-8 Cardinal Tetras
3 Pairs of German Blue Rams
2 Albino Ancistrus

Man, Toirtis. I wish I lived close to you and could convince you to give me some of those tanks!!

I was thinking the same thing. :wink:

I have heard a lot about people keeping rams. Beautiful fish! What kind of params do they like?

toirtis, why are you holding out man... ...i'm only a three hour drive away and if you want some garage space back....

Thanks Matt. The tank isn't at my house right now which is why I am guessing at the moment. I will write that down and when I get my little paws on it I will do the math. :lol:

they can get to 1' 6" doesn't happen very often, and it takes a long time. it's something you have to plan for, there just my favotire freshwater fish and could possibly encourage you to get a bigger tank in a year or so, you'd have to if you planned on keeping em.

No bigger tank for me. This is probably about as big as I can go without the landlady having a fit. (She doesn't know I have any tanks at all right now). 8O

Back
Top Bottom