What's in your 10 gallon :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaytiller

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello!

My name is Kayla, and I'm new here. A few years ago I acquired a 10 gallon tank, and have decided it's finally time to start using it!

I thankfully have a boyfriend who's experienced in aquarium keeping, so I know to cycle my tank, and he has many plants which he can give me, like java moss and the sort. However, he is more accustomed to larger 40 gallon+ tanks. He's kept piranhas for years, and has a GORGEOUS freshwater Amazon fish tank.

ANYWAYS, we've been having troubles trying to decide how to stock it. I don't want to overcrowd it, however I'd also like to have nice looking fish. I was really wanting some celestial pearl danios, however have never been able to find them in my area, and I'm from Canada so wouldn't want to risk shipping problems, plus I'd imagine that's stressful on fish... So anyways, I really love fish with overall 'plain' colouring but bright pops of colour, I think that's gorgeous.

Long story short, what are in YOUR 10 gallons? :) I'm looking for some inspiration and would love to hear what you keep!! Thank you so much for your help, very excited to hear what you guys have!
:thanks:

My 10 gallon is cycling. Once it's done, I will have pea puffers and ghost shrimp in mine :)

I had guppies in mine until my mother in law gave me a 30 gallon. After that I made a divider and now I have a male betta on each side and I love it!

I've got clown killies and emerald rasboras in mine. Also had a different one which was taken down recently that had spotted blue eyed rainbows and a huge colony of red cherry shrimp.

I have two ten gallons. One has 3 cowries, 1 otocinclus, and 4'harlequin rasboras. The cowries will soon be moved to my 75 gallon I'm setting up and I will get 2 more rasboras and 1 or 2 more otos. My second ten gallon includes two blind cave tetras, 3 albino cories, and 2 zebra danios which will also be moved to the 75.

I have two ten gallons. One has 3 cowries, 1 otocinclus, and 4'harlequin rasboras. The cowries will soon be moved to my 75 gallon I'm setting up and I will get 2 more rasboras and 1 or 2 more otos. My second ten gallon includes two blind cave tetras, 3 albino cories, and 2 zebra danios which will also be moved to the 75.
was cowries intentional? If so I like it!! They're like little cows grazing the substrate for grass;)

No, it wasnt. I was on my ipad and i kept spell changing it, and my ipad was lagging and i couldnt change it.. but i thought it was cool too! :lol:

***notice**** fwfishtanks is responsible for the new term "cowries" referring to fat little corycats! That is all...

I currently have five 4-week-old guppy fry and 2 golden mystery snails with 10 RCS going in it this week. When guppies are out I will be getting some Pygmy corycats!

mine is used as a breeding tank for guppies right now there is two red female guppies and 1 red snakeskin male guppy. All my fry are in there to.

Mine has a ton of plants, a ton of breeding cherry shrimp, 4 kuhli loaches, 4 nerite snails, and 2 endlers livebearers.

My 10g has crystal shrimp and also my celestial pearl danio fry

Back
Top Bottom