What's in your tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 36g bowfront with
1 angel fish
5 khuil loaches
6 Cory cats (3 albino, 3 peppered)
Various tetras but I plan to have a solid school of blood fins and black neons soon
Serval different plantsImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397340836.683686.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397340853.810063.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397340877.671052.jpg

Three ADF 2 male 1 female and about 8 MTS in a 5 gallon tank with sword plants,4 caves, air wand, plate for food (which I might take out cuz I think it is causing the cloudy water), filter rated for up to 15 gallons set on low, and two heaters(always have a backup)

If you can find them, galaxy rasbora's are beautiful fish. Being a part of the same family that danio's are makes that surprisingly hardy (you wouldn't think it looking at them). My galaxy was accidently mixed in with some emerald rasbora's I purchased. Didn't even realize till I got home and added the fish to the tank! What an excellent mistake though! (y) I actually really wanted galaxy's but settled for the emerald's since they too are a beautiful and hardy but harder to find fish. A local fish store in town actually carries some of the harder to find species of freshwater tropical and they can order almost anything you want and keep at their store for up to a month for you (excellent I think especially if you weren't running a QT tank at home).

As for other species, can't go wrong with a huge school of the more slender bodied tetras (neon's glowlight's, etc). That same fish store I just mentioned above also carries something called the red and green tetra. It's a neat little fish, may have to buy a school of them once I get another tank set up in the future.

I'm not a huge fan of platies, even the more beautifully colored ones. IMO they are too messy (a lot of waste) and I always have had bullying issues with mine, even though there were several other platies of the same type in the tank! Also not a huge fan of the red minor tetras because they can also be mean to other fish and fin nippers. The fin nipping drove me crazy, even though they were in a school of 8!!

It really is amazing what you learn over the years in regards to what fish work well together and which one's don't!

Mts is either multiple tank syndrome (ok I admit it I'm guilty) or missalyian trumpet snails. The spelling I have is wrong I think...

58 gallon planted tank with 2 angels , 4 Cory's , 2 bn plecos , and 6 xray tetras.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397357323.992006.jpg

7 neon tetras
3 mollies
5 guppies
1 sword tail
5 julii Cories
2 dwarf gouramis

Some in qt now but will all be in a 60g.

Thanks foxyhaswag I love my angels they have so much personality

Back
Top Bottom