whats the best substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO, I don't feel that there is one perfect substrate otherwise we would all have it. It depends on color, your plans for the tank. My advice is just try to research first and maybe we can help tweak your selection. I would recommend something that has a good supply of macro and micro nutrients as this will aid plants in the long run

Well, Aquasoil is the best, but it's price restrictive and sometimes hard to get a hold of.

Honestly, unless you're going high tech or it's easily available, it's not worth dwelling on substrate choice. EC, Flourite, and PFS are all good substrates for planted tanks.

Any substrate made to grow plants should be fine. Most have good and not so good aspects like they might be light and tricky to plant in, or they require lots of rinsing or need root tab supplementation to have ample nutrients. Tell us what color or look you're going for and we'll give you some options. Try google to see your options then post back here with a specific question. What's best is pretty subjective though.

Back
Top Bottom