Whats the easiest way to get rid of bristle worms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobajum

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
whats the easiest way to get rid of bristle worm?

The most I've seen at one time was about 20 so I assume that there are way more then that. I've read that its beneficial, but when does it get to be too many? I have about 6-7lbs of LR in my 6g eclipse. I don't mind a few but I see wayy too many and they are ugly to look at.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

If you feed less there will be less leftover food andthat will reduce their numbers naturally. If the excess food wasn't there then neither would the worms. If you remove the worms without reducing the food then it will just rot & cause problems.

I got the LR from a guy I bought my used 40G setup from. I guess they are overpopulated cause he was overfeeding...

I don't have anything in my 6g tank right now except a few hermits. Before I add fish in the 6g, I'd like to try to get rid of the worms if possible. If not...I guess I gotta live with those ugly suckers :(

Coral Banded shrimp supposedly eat them. I've never seen my banded eat one in two years. Pseudochromis fridmani are supposed to eat them too.
When I first saw a bristle worm I got panicky and started to try to figure out how to get rid of them. Further research suggests that there are actually very few bad types of bristle worms and it doesn't hurt anything to leave them alone.

I haven't seen a single bristleworm since I got my Psuedo. I wasn't trying to get rid of them as they are generally good to have in your tank.

i would acutally love to get a psudochromis but from what i've read, they seem to need at least a 30g tank. I don't want to subject it to having to stay in my 6g tank till my 40g is setup

Back
Top Bottom