What's this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

picoreef2.5

Aquarium Advice Activist
Was moving around rock for lighting purposes the other day and tonight I find this pink stuff what is it?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424316235.456488.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If it is hard when you scratch it it would be coraline algae, a calcium based algae that is considered a 'good' algae to have growing in your tank. It shows healthy conditions that we look for when keeping corals. That said, if things are 'too good' it can easily be just as much of a nuisance as other algaes when you need to scrape it off.

I will have to see! If it is great i thought I was low in calcium due to a frogspawn that has been splitting for about a month now, aggravated him a lil so you can see his blob? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424316770.388175.jpg also thank you hank for your knowledge it's much appreciated I'm looking at your 55g impressive!

I could see how the wording was funky, I meant to say a lack of calcium is causing the split to take a long time

Also just checked the hardness of the pink growth it is hard

Back
Top Bottom