Whats up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lucky21001

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey im new to this site and i might need help getting started on collecting fish. Tell me good stuff to use and some tips. :fish1::fish2:

Welcome.
What type of fish were you thinking of?
Have you seen anything you like?

First you'll need a space, the biggest space you can find.
Get a tank to fill that space.

Decide on marine or freshwater? That will determine the tank spec.

Buy a book, that's the best advice I can give you.
I'm assuming you have zero knowledge/experience.
Please, if I have this wrong correct me with what knowledge you currently possess and the experiences you have.

The best thing you can do is start reading.

This thread is in the wrong forum. Tell me if this is FW or SW so I can know where to place it. Thanks.

I have a 15 gallon bowl that's about 10 inches from front to back. With the amount of fish I'm getting it says that every inch= 1 gallon. I have 14 total inches when they are full grown. Also I'm going to get a mystery snail that's another 2 inches long. So total that's 16 inch for a 15 inch bowl if you include a snail. Should I get that? If you want I can post what fish they are.

:fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2:

I also have good experience with fish. I have a koi pond installed in my back yard. I just need help cause I'm not used to bowls and I don't know what's best to put in them. Plz tell me what kinds of fish are good to buy that are $6 or lower. Also tell me what fish you would buy if you are me. I'm going to get a gourami, diano glow fish, and some guppys plus a mystery snail. I'm pretty sure they get along but if they don't tell me and tell me what they do get along with. THANK YOU PEOPLE!!!

I don't deal in dollars mate!
Bowls are not the same as a regular tank, or least they never used to be.
It's something about the size of the top opening.

Let me get this straight, the bowl is empty?
All of those fish get along but I would under stock.
Danio are a good starter fish. I started with a shoal of those, really nice. Zebras/pearl/leopard.

I'm not sure how you calculate for a bowl, I'm a believer of surface area equation for fish stocking. It's outdated a bit but it makes sense if things go wrong, ie filter failure.

I always wanted a pond and a diamondback sturgeon. Can't have a pond big enough.
So I'll stick with glass boxes!

Surprised no other assistance has been offered?

A picture of your set up would greatly help with suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What do you have in terms of lights, filter, and heater.
When you get an idea of what you will put in there you could plug in details of the tank/bowl, filter, and potential stock into an webapp called AquaAdvisor.com and it will calculate filtration%, water change %, and stocking level.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I know lucky in real life and he also has a 45 now that he will set up soon. I wanna see a picture of the bowl also.

Back
Top Bottom