What's wrong with my gbr's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DannyBWell

Aquarium Advice Activist
My two gbr's are the only fish in the tank that have this white growth on them I've had them for 8 months they are in a 75 g aquarium please help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's some pictures

Attachments

• 1390915288806.jpg
    1390915288806.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 1390915300931.jpg
    1390915300931.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 1390915311988.jpg
    1390915311988.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 79
I'm not sure the one has it right above its mouth same with the other one and it also has a spot right about its eye as well

At any rate I'm thinking there's a fungus among us. It looks kind if fuzzy? How's the water test?

Water is fine I don't remember the exact numbers but they were fine when I first got the fish they had this problem and it seemed to go away and now it's back it's not really fuzzy though

Just do a 40-50% wc everyday for the next four days or so see if that doesn't help?

Ok will do I hope it works

is it like a bump with the white on it? or just flat with the white? and not fuzzy?

It's a bump and no its not really fuzzy

I'm beginning to think it is what my rasbora had. I am not sure what it was actually and sadly my guy died but not from that I don't think.

I took my guy out and QT him with salt and also took him out and did a swab with hydrogen peroxide and he did get better, but then it actually came back. it was very strange. when I did the swab it seemed to almost burst the bump. then it looked like he kinda had a hole in him. I had him in the qt tank with salt and it all healed up. I know my story is actually no help at all since I could not figure out what was wrong with my guy. I hope someone else can jump on and help you out. I think you might be able to treat it with salt, but it might take a while.

I'm going to go by my lfs tommorow and see if they know what it is and continue with the water changes

I'm going to go by my lfs tommorow and see if they know what it is and continue with the water changes Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
be wary of any advice given by the Lfs as far as what expensive meds you should buy, keep general fungal cure in mind. Good luck!

So ive been doing about 40-50 percent water changes and been putting fungus medicine in for the past three days in smaller quantities than prescribed since i have a 75 and itll take 7 of the 10 packets for one treatment so first 2 treatments were 2 packets then yesterday and today ive done 3 but i really cant tell if they are getting better or not any advice should i get more medicine or what i dont know what to do

I have a 15 should i get more medicine and try that?

Ok they are in the 15 picked up more medicine hopefully it works thanks for your help by the way brookster

Back
Top Bottom