Whats wrong with my molly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alec18

Aquarium Advice Activist
My black molly had something weird going on with her scales. What is this? Not the best picture but that weird spot on her back. It's not ich or anything. It looks like a dent or something

Attachments

• image-3410382662.jpg
    image-3410382662.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 65
Not a good picture but it looks like some type of fungus. I recently just returned 2 black molly's that came up with a fungus, and the third one is having white poop.

Not a good picture but it looks like some type of fungus. I recently just returned 2 black molly's that came up with a fungus, and the third one is having white poop.

It's not a fungus because it's not something growing on her. Her scales just look messed up

It's not a fungus because it's not something growing on her. Her scales just look messed up

What else is in the tank with her? This looks similar to what happen to one of my female swordtails. Basically she could have gotten nipped on pretty good by one of the other fish. Just watch her and make sure it is healing (no fungus growing on top or it and make sure it doesn't get any redness or swelling). I think it took mine a week for the scales to grow back. Her wound wasn't nearly as bad as this mollies so it might take a little longer.

Ya, looks like a scrape. Maybe it rubbed up on something, of something fell on it. It should heal up fine with good water. Try doing larger water changes every week.

It might be a burn from the heater. My spotted catfish use to hide next to the heater and one day he burned himself and he had a mark on him just like that. My advice is just make sure you have clean water and put in some water conditioner. Most water conditioners contain aloe Vera witch helps to heal wounds.

Back
Top Bottom