whats your favorite fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All time favorite couldn't live without: Common goldfish (short tail)
Favorite I have no room for currently: Midas cichlid

kuhli loaches!!

kuhliloaches-lg.jpg

haha.. there fun, but mainly its an inside joke.. but probably bettas, just cause there so hardcore

they breathe air! umm dur! cool!
and they are one of the few fish i know that is so romantic in that they court and have something close or similar to sex, and the female is stunned for 5-10 seconds on the males performance

Moorish Idol! the most graceful, peaceful, beautiful colored and striking fish ever... hands down, greatest fish

wow, kuhli loaches are amazing (I hadn't known what they were until you posted the pic). They look like eels! how weird..

Favorite I have: Either my Kribs or my fearless yo yo botia loach.

Favorite I've seen SCUBA diving: I don't know what it's called but I bet someone here might. I have never seen it more than 3 or 4 inches. It is sort of shaped like a damsel, is deep dark navy blue with tiny polka dots that are a brilliant baby blueish/teal color. The dots stick out so brilliantly, it looks like they're glow in the dark or back lit or something. It is my dad's favorite and he always points em out when we dive together, so there is some sentimental affection there too. Plus I like how small they are and how they have distinct "homes." Anybody know this fish?

My favorite that I have are my african cichlids. It's a tough decision between my Acei or my Giraffe cichlid.

Attachments

• AceiSmall.jpg
    AceiSmall.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 57
  • SmallGiraffe.jpg
    SmallGiraffe.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 51
I would say of what I have
celebes rainbow
What I dont have:
Discuss - need a bigger tank!

Attachments

• p_89910.jpg
    p_89910.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 96
So many choices,

For salt water it is so easy for me, I just love yellow tangs. I find them majestic and elegant.

For fresh water, dojo loaches. I love those little guys and their craziness.

Luis

Any of you play Endless Ocean on the Wii? Anyway I bet everyone here woudl like it. I first heard of hte green mandarin goby there and had no idea it was an actual real fish (though it was too beatiful, that it had to be art) until Neal's post.

Cool fish.

My Angel Fish that died recently were my favorite. They were pure and concentrated evil though.

My Angel Fish that died recently were my favorite. They were pure and concentrated evil though.

Sorry for your loss. I have 6 angels and know what you are talking about....it makes me wonder...who was the wisenheimer who named them "ANGELS" anyway....lol:cool:

Not to derail the thread but they died close to eachother--do angels die when their companions do? or was it just coincidence?

Could just be that they were both getting old. Fish have been known to sulk for awhile after their mate dies, so it wouldn't surprise me to find out some have actually died soon after their mate as well.

Lol, concentrated evil? Are angels really aggressive or something? I'd like to get some eventually, but idk if they'd be ok with my mollies and cories

Actually with mine the aggression is mostly toward each other. The other fish in the tank are never bothered by them. They might charge to run other fish out of their spot, but mostly the other fish know the angels are boss. Also if you get the angels when they are much smaller than any other fish in your tank it helps. :)

Back
Top Bottom