What's your fish(s) names?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me and my wife name everything!

4 angels- bumblebee, wiz, Lucie (Lucifer because he is a black lace angel), and angel

3 clown loaches- Harry, Larry, mo

10 glo danios- the rainbow tribe

Rubber nose pelco- Bert

2 candy cane tetras- mr and mrs clause

Guppies haven’t been names yet aside from one who is blue named “Blue”

We are working on names for all of our skirt tetras

And our betta is named Neptune

Me and my wife name everything!

4 angels- bumblebee, wiz, Lucie (Lucifer because he is a black lace angel), and angel

3 clown loaches- Harry, Larry, mo

10 glo danios- the rainbow tribe

Rubber nose pelco- Bert

2 candy cane tetras- mr and mrs clause

Guppies haven’t been names yet aside from one who is blue named “Blue”

We are working on names for all of our skirt tetras

And our betta is named Neptune

Looks like you two are good at naming fish lol!
Like Neptune and the
Clown Loaches names a lot!

I also name my botias. Right now we have Batgirl (a Sargent General Botia Rostrata) and Batman ( a Yo-yo Botia, funniest of all) but I have a new group of babies coming Friday and they are Beaver, Wally, Clarence (Lumpy), and Eddie.

I have an Oscar named Dwight right now...once I get another cichlid to go with him his name will be Jim! I also have a weather loach named Larry and a Siamese algae eater named Simon at my mom and dads!

Puff named I’gor

Angel, named Sunshine, but also known as Death Star

All the kuhli’ s are named Heimlich.

Remaining 3 neons are the “zombie fish”

Fun thread, and some great names here.

I don't name my fish. I've tried, but the names never sound right to me. I can't shake imagining that they know one another in a sort of fishy language and that any name I would give them would be wrong.

I say things like, "Hello, betta. How are you doing today?":fish2:

My betta is Plankton

I have a white mystery snail named El Blanco Mysterioso

BF has a crawfish named Boudreaux (we're in New Orleans)

And, um...I sing to my fish. I'm no opera star, I just sing silly dumb stuff to get him moving

I have a Mickey mouse platy baby and I I'm trying to see what water is best for this fish bottle water or tap water

Only a few have gotten names, so far. My GF is the creative one...

Apistogramma Macmasteri is Joe Dirt - told her it was a redneck. He appreciates escargot (see picture of snail shell stuck on face.)

My bristlenose pleco is Bob Barker, again told my girl it was a pleco, she heard Plinko. It fits.

I have named Scarface (one eyed Neon Rainbow).

And, Blue, the mopey, timid and gentle Apistogramma Trifasciata.20201206_144750.jpeg20201129_161154_001.jpeg20201201_161013.jpeg1607634537494.jpeg

I have recently named two of my dalmation mollies. I don't name all of them- only the ones who stick out. These are my two biggest females and they are SUPER friendly. They are constantly coming up to say hi so they get names. Mama Popcorn and Bertha :flowers:

I have like 20 tetras and never named a single one. Can't tell them apart anyway :lol:

Only name the ones with interactive personalities. My last betta (a crowntail) was named Bob ( he is now at the Rainbow Bridge). My newer betta (a half-moon dumbo ear) is named Joey. My large (purple with black foot) mystery snail is Pigpen. My ADFs are ChubberWubbers, Silly Head and SwimSwim. My dwarf gourami is Little Man and my fiddler crabs are Houdini and Willamina.

I have one goldfish and he’s a lot of work because he’s getting bigger but I do not have a name for him, I named him Mango a few years ago but the name never stuck so I need some suggestions! He’s a male and he’s 2 years old

2 silver dollars, Londo and Spot.

Redfin silver dollar, Fin, of course

Adult BR cichlid, Mickey (lord of the tank)

2 juvenile BR cichlid's, Henry and Emily

Albino Pleco, Troy

water and associated biology, Poseidon

Back
Top Bottom