When you buy plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jodisgermanshepherd

Aquarium Advice Activist
How many plants of one kind do you buy plant at a time? I've been buying 2 but and think 4-5 at a time, seem more reasonable. Since I am just starting from scratch I like to test out the plant and see how it does before I throw a whole bunch of money at something.

What I do is get tons of plants at a time and make them work with my aquascape, its always worked for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you are new at keeping planted tanks, I suggest just getting a single bunch of a few different species to see how they do for you. Also pick some of the hardy species to begin with. There's no sense in getting a ton of them all at once unless you are getting a bulk discount or buying online (to make the shipping cost worthwhile).

Well I have impulse control issues so If I see something that really tickles me I buy it. Then as an after thought once I get it home and I realize that I can't care for that plant. So I buy more stuff so I can grow it! LOL, Lights needed upgraded. That was another $100 per tank. Needed better ferts, bought pps-pro, Needed co2 I set up DIY and started high dosing glut! I have a problem!
Looks nice, what plants do you have so far?

Back
Top Bottom