Where do you buy your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I get most of mine online. There's a few reasons, but mostly because I like uncommon fish. My lfs *might* have some of these in stock but when they do its very pricey. Which brings me to the next reason, price. It's usually a lot cheaper to go online, especially when you are buying multiple fish.

I buy from my lfs. She will order me pretty much any fish I want. example: I wanted another livebearer and was thinking of a platy my lfs sells them for 2.00 but I wanted a certain kind. I looked it up online and it was 1.78 which was ok but the shipping to my area was 30.00! Shipping was free with a $60 purchase but all I wanted was 1 darn fish! Lfs ordered it for me, the exact color I wanted for 2.00. I do see jetas point though the more uncommon the fish the more expensive the fish in the store

jetajockey said:
I get most of mine online. There's a few reasons, but mostly because I like uncommon fish. My lfs *might* have some of these in stock but when they do its very pricey. Which brings me to the next reason, price. It's usually a lot cheaper to go online, especially when you are buying multiple fish.

Really?!? Where?? lol all the ones I looked at online had 50-60 shipping!!

Aquabid, ebay, in the forum classifieds. The big online retailers charge so much because they only ship overnight/express. It's a lot cheaper to go through individuals or small sellers that will ship priority (~10-15$ max) or express (~30-40$). Some places will inflate shipping costs as well.

Back
Top Bottom