where do you get your fish from?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathleen55

Aquarium Advice Freak
where do you get your fish from? i get most of mine from petco or my local aquarium but they dont always have the best variety. so where do you get your fish from? (petco, petsmart, petclub, etc)

kathleen55 said:
where do you get your fish from? i get most of mine from petco or my local aquarium but they dont always have the best variety. so where do you get your fish from? (petco, petsmart, petclub, etc)

2 words...severum mama. She and her husband (HN1) are members on this site and have fantastic and healthy fish. They have a stock list in the classifieds section on this site. They're the only ones I'll get my fish from :)

eco23 said:
2 words...severum mama. She and her husband (HN1) are members on this site and have fantastic and healthy fish. They have a stock list in the classifieds section on this site. They're the only ones I'll get my fish from :)

I second that

kathleen55 said:

I get all of my fish from the LFS, the only one we have besides Petco. Not a great selection but they are good about trying to get what you want. Years ago I ordered some shell dwellers on-line, it was March, still cold and didn't get them til late afternoon. They died within the week.

That Fish Place. I only live 30-45 minutes away, great selection. However I've heard multiple times severum mama has great fish

jdmaze said:

Sorry dropped my phone and hit send !!

I have a Petco, Petsmart and a LFS close to me; all with different options. I just got my first mail order fish from Severum Mama. She has some different (better) options and is great to deal with.

When I first started, I went to Walmart (yep) and Petco coz they are the nearest...but since I got some fish from severum mama and HN1, I will never go back...period. :-D That's how good they are.

In the UK I think that mail order for fish leaves a lot to be desired. Most (if not all) fail to give adequate info on the fish and many sell Parrot Fish, which I , personally, refuse to fund. Luckily I have an excellent aquatic store quite nearby who are incredibly ethical and really good at giving advice.

Back
Top Bottom