Where not to dump tank water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
Maintenance guy came yesterday to service all my tanks
He asked where he could dump out the dirty tank water
so with out thinking I said : just dump it in the garden
forgetting I live in the mountains and the bears are coming out
more at night !

well this morning I found big scratch marks in the dirt where the water was dumped, and 2 real big paw prints and just looking at the imprint in the dirt it's amazing how long those claws are ,

now knowing how close to the house they will come , I need to think twice where dirty tank water is dumped
don't need that bugger climbing in one of my windows:facepalm:

Yeow.

The only thing we have to worry about are coyotes. My grandmother swore she saw a black panther once though. @_@

Maintenance guy came yesterday to service all my tanks
He asked where he could dump out the dirty tank water
so with out thinking I said : just dump it in the garden
forgetting I live in the mountains and the bears are coming out
more at night !

well this morning I found big scratch marks in the dirt where the water was dumped, and 2 real big paw prints and just looking at the imprint in the dirt it's amazing how long those claws are ,

now knowing how close to the house they will come , I need to think twice where dirty tank water is dumped
don't need that bugger climbing in one of my windows:facepalm:

You must have a huge tank or a lot of them to need a maintenance guy.

I don't think I could ever have too many to maintain myself. I kinda enjoy it. Haha

Yikes! The only thing I have to worry about coming near my house is snakes. I don't think I could live where predatory mammals can sneak up at night!!

I hope I don't encounter a snake in my yard. There have been a large amount of pet snakes found in hawaii recently.

Stage 4 lymphoma , I don't trust just anyone with my reefs but I have to for a bit
really no choice.

Just curious, where were you dumping the water before you started the service? Was it going down the drain? The garden is a logical choice given the "goodies" in the water. However, you have more than bunny rabbits running around. Good luck with that.

Hi,

Isn't saltwater BAD for garden plants?

I am "scared" of bears, like you said the claws are huge, crazy huge! And bears are BIG, and can do what they want! :eek:

Make sure you keep the bear spray and rifle handy!

Better to pour the water at the end of the driveway where you don't ever want weeds.

Keeping you in my prayers!

My drive way is a mile long... and I know how you feel about bears, I`ve been hearing alot about black bears down here recently. And cougars, bobtails, foxes, I live in the woods.

the only things you really have to worry about in the part of texas I live in are black panthers, coyotes, racoons (evil little things), snakes lots of them, scorpians...and the occassional wolf... MAYBE MAYBE a bear in certain state parks but I've only seen them in zoos!

Back
Top Bottom