Where to look

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDroid26

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
While I just got into this hobby less than 2 months ago, I've already gone from 10 gallon to looking for a 29/30 gallon aquarium. Specifically that size due to limite space given me at this time.
I guess this thread can be helpful for those of us on a budget or members who just don't know how much more they can save.

I've kept an eye out on Craigslist and LFS but nothing comes up. I did manage to find one for $100 recently however when I went to see the tank it looked and was too old for my taste. Owner had it around 10-15 years.
What I've been looking for is a 29/30 gallon aquarium with at least the Stand and canopy included for an affordable price. ($140 or less) Where is it that most of you find your deals? I just recently remembered PennySaver but unfortunately for me it was too late since they sold the ones they had so I missed out on a really great deal. ($80 30 gal with EVERYTHING included) Anyway, does anybody have any other suggestions on good sites to look for these kind of deals? I made the mistake (kind of) in buying literally everything for my 10 gallon aquarium seperately and I probably could have just bought a 30 gallon for the amount spent at that time.
While my request is specific in location (L.A. California) maybe this thread can help others save and keep an eye out for what they're looking for.

I know you spend a little more, but I would rather build my aquarium and not buy a kit (at least from the LFS). It seems they usually include the cheapest possible stuff in the kits, and you'll just end up buying things twice.

Filters, Heaters, Lights, etc. can all be purchased far cheaper online.

I know you spend a little more, but I would rather build my aquarium and not buy a kit (at least from the LFS). It seems they usually include the cheapest possible stuff in the kits, and you'll just end up buying things twice.

Filters, Heaters, Lights, etc. can all be purchased far cheaper online.

Thanks for the advice, I had begun looking at the Aqueon deluxe kit but I already knew I'd probably switch out the filter/heater for something better anyway. So looks like i'll be eliminating that idea.

You're in luck Sssea, I've only seen $80 be the lowest price and thats on pennysaver. The only one available I've found is on craigslist for $160 with everything except gravel but again I feel I can get a better deal than that. I guess it just takes a random day and patience for that huh?

Back
Top Bottom