Which algea eaters are best for a 55g??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyanBenson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, which algae eaters are best for a 55 gallon tak with a Bristle-nose pleco??

You could try a rubber lip pleco, they grow the same size as your bristle nose, but it's either a bristlenose and a rubber lip, or a bristlenose and three otocinclus
You could also add a bristlenose and one apple snail

You could try a rubber lip pleco, they grow the same size as your bristle nose, but it's either a bristlenose and a rubber lip, or a bristlenose and three otocinclus
You could also add a bristlenose and one apple snail

Yeah I'm thinking ill go with the otocinclus! Thanks!

Plecostomi are great fish for algae

Attachments

• image-395983799.jpg
    image-395983799.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 60
Plecostomi are great fish for algae

I agree, I won't be havering ottos in my tank! I was thinking a BNP and maybe a rubber lip or a different kind of pleco! What is the kind in your photo?? Would it be good for a 55g tank?

I agree, I won't be havering ottos in my tank! I was thinking a BNP and maybe a rubber lip or a different kind of pleco! What is the kind in your photo?? Would it be good for a 55g tank?

The one in my pic is a common plecostomus, (Hypostomus Plecostomus) and I got it at a Walmart, however, you can also get them at most pet stores such as pet smart or petco. But they are freshwater only, and need to be between 70° and 80°.

The one in my pic is a common plecostomus, (Hypostomus Plecostomus) and I got it at a Walmart, however, you can also get them at most pet stores such as pet smart or petco. But they are freshwater only, and need to be between 70° and 80°.

Oh ok cool, thanks!

I have a school of oto's and two bristlenose plecos in my 55 gallon. I love them all.

A common pleco will eventually outgrow a 55 gallon

Bristelnose plecos all the way. Common plecos will outgrow the tank and common plecos are really just waste factories. They crap more then anything iv ever seen. I have 3 BNP and I love them. They actually clean my tank instead of hiding behind a filter intake or a heater lol

Btw I also recommend clown plecos. I have 2 in with my BNP and they are doing well. They only average about 4 inches. Neat little guy as well

Btw I also recommend clown plecos. I have 2 in with my BNP and they are doing well. They only average about 4 inches. Neat little guy as well

Oh ok sweet! Well I bought a price of drift wood for my BNP so I might get 2 more so I can have 3!! I love BNPs!! I will check out the clown plecos too!! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom