Which fish to keep?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

infyrna

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, I just bought a new 56 gallon column freshwater tank not even a week ago. I have had a previous 55 gallon as well as a 10 gallon, so I am not brand new to the hobby, but it has been about 5 years since I have had the large tank. I kept community fish, african ciclids as well as a big old oscar previously. My tank is going through the cycling process as we speak. It is a little bit hazy, so I did a 15% water change which I'm sure will be one of many. I have 5 little glo fish in it as they were a transfer from a small tank I was keeping in the kitchen. I have the live ammonia tester suctioned to the tank and so far it is reading 0 ammonia. I can hardly wait for the next 4 weeks or so to pass so I can get my fish. I'm thiking of keeping blood red parrot fish, and any other compatible south american fish. Does anyone have parrots? and if so, what are the best tank mates? It's nice to be here. :D

I heard they're very good, fairly docile. Heard that if you have a 55+ with those and a Leporinus fasciatus work well. And I know my angelfish and Leporinus I used to have got along perfectly well (had to get rid of the Leo b/c it didn't agree with the Lyretail I had)

Might try that sort of mix and look for ones that would get along with them.

Definately don't try to mix in many schooling fish with the Leo or angel tho, It's asking for trouble x.x

Back
Top Bottom