White birch tree?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PeggyD

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have recently have gotten into aquascapping with my 55 gallon tank. Can I use white birch branches in the tank? I have 5 mollys a chichlid and a angle fish.

I know a lot of hard woods like birch have natural tannins and acids in them that will lower ph and might change the colour of water, especially fresher branches. Just be careful and do your research.

Does anyone have any tips where I could buy natural drift wood for my 55 gallon tank every place I looked on the Internet they looked very small and the reviews were not that great

I don’t know if you are in Canada or the States, but most major pet stores like PetSmart or petsco, tropical fish stores carry various driftwood and other cured woods for aquarium use.

I live in the states but I have already checked my local petco and PetSmart. They have been out of stock for 3 months. I don’t think they will carry it? Anywho I was wondering if anyone knew of a online company that carries large driftwood

Back
Top Bottom