White cloud minnows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishRus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have any white cloud minnows? Just a little curious if anyone has any and there thoughts on them?

KCCO

I don't have any now. They are great for cool water tanks. My friend has Vietnamese WCMM. A bit more colorful. They share a Coldwater tank with Hillstream Loaches. Planted, plenty of flow with quiet areas.

Mine were very hardy and color up nice.

Smoke Signals Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

In your opinion will they go good with angel fish? Of course I didn't notice that they like lower temp water then Angels... Do you think they'll be ok with each other? Not exactly sure what temp I should pick and stick with

KCCO

In your opinion will they go good with angel fish? Of course I didn't notice that they like lower temp water then Angels... Do you think they'll be ok with each other? Not exactly sure what temp I should pick and stick with

KCCO

If you want Angels, I'd pick fish that like same water and temps.
What size tank ? Angels get big ?

Good tank mates ? Lemon Tetras
Cardinals if you raise Angels up with small fish.

Angel tank temp ? 76-78f probably.
Too warm for WCMM.

If you want Angels, I'd pick fish that like same water and temps.
What size tank ? Angels get big ?

Good tank mates ? Lemon Tetras
Cardinals if you raise Angels up with small fish.

Angel tank temp ? 76-78f probably.
Too warm for WCMM.

Yeah I kind of just assumed they would be ok together... Should have done more research. It was a bit of a snap decision which I shouldn't have done... I have a 35 hex. I've had lemon, black skirt and hifin tetras before so I wanted to try something different.

I know the WCMM are small but I figured if they all grow up together they'd be fine.

I'm still going to try and raise the WCMM with the angel and keep the tank around 74.

KCCO

Don't go too cold or the Angels won't be happy. The WCMM, just like Neons, will be food size for adult Angels. Might be ok, might not.

Don't go too cold or the Angels won't be happy. The WCMM, just like Neons, will be food size for adult Angels. Might be ok, might not.

I was told by multiple people that if they grew up together then it shouldn't be a problem but I did think of that too. I hope it won't be a problem ha. That's years down the road though so we will see.

Yeah the temp issue still worries me... Really wish I would have researched it more before buying the WCMM and my LFS would have told me this.

KCCO

I've had my wcmm at 76 F for a few months, and haven't had any problems. I very gradually raised the temp from 72 to 76, 1 degree at a time, over the course of a few weeks. I'm still crossing fingers though, as I'm waiting to see if there are any longer term effects.

I've had my wcmm at 76 F for a few months, and haven't had any problems. I very gradually raised the temp from 72 to 76, 1 degree at a time, over the course of a few weeks. I'm still crossing fingers though, as I'm waiting to see if there are any longer term effects.

Interesting. Is there any reason why your rising the temp? I want to have an angel or 2 in my tank so I'm going to have to do what you did and hope for the best.

KCCO

I have kept them in warmer temps (74- 78 )for 4 years now. Never any problems. My angel don't mess with them either.

I have kept them in warmer temps (74- 78 )for 4 years now. Never any problems. My angel don't mess with them either.

That's good to hear and a relief ha. So you have kept Angels with WCMM and everything has worked out?

KCCO

I agree with Holly. I've had my MCMMs for almost a year, in 77-78F and with an Angel. The angel, mind you, is only about the size of a silver dollar now (maybe a little bigger) so I have not tried them with adult angels. I love MCMMs because they are peaceful, not overly nervous, and overall very pleasant, nice looking fish to have.

I agree with Holly. I've had my MCMMs for almost a year, in 77-78F and with an Angel. The angel, mind you, is only about the size of a silver dollar now (maybe a little bigger) so I have not tried them with adult angels. I love MCMMs because they are peaceful, not overly nervous, and overall very pleasant, nice looking fish to have.

I agree with you on the fish. It's also very reassuring to hear from everyone that has the WCMM and angels that it's do able and safe. Thanks everyone! Wish me luck ha

KCCO

Back
Top Bottom