White Fuzz on Molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cort

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a Dalmatian Molly who was showing signs of ich last week (flashing, had a couple spots), and also had a white-ish path of fuzz on her head so I started treating with Seachem ParaGuard. It has been 5 days of treatment and the ich spots seem to have gone away, but the white fuzz patch seems to have gotten worse. She also appears to go stiff sometimes and seem to have some sort of seizure-like episode. How do I treat this?

Yikes! Any change to this behavior? Fungal secondary infections are not uncommon but most ich medications also treat those so I would keep dosing the paraguard.

Weird Molly Behavior

The fungal patch seems to have subsided but there is still a lingering piece and I've been using Paraguard already for 10 days. Also, the Molly has been doing something very weird. Sometimes she starts shaking a bit and swims underneath another female Molly and rubs her head against the other molly's stomach. I have no idea what this means

Keep up with the para guard then!

What you’re describing sounds like breeding behavior.

They're 2 females though with no males in the tank

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom