White Fuzzy Spots On Ryukins Head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

klnco4

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone new here, I have 5 six year old goldfish in a 75 gallon tank, water perimeters are showing normal I just tested them.
All my fish are healthy wealthy and wise except for my Ryukin
who in the last couple of days has started to develop white spots on his head, similar to ick, but they are slightly raised and fuzzy. Is this just a case of common fungus or (Fish Gods forbid) the beginning of hole in the head disease?
I've attached a picture to help you guys understand as best I can.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I can't figure out how to attach a picture but if guys can give me any advice from what I've told you, like I said I would greatly appreciate it! I'm not ready for any of my babies to die yet!

Also, if I choose to treat, since my fish is older, should I scale back on meds as to not kill him? Or will he be fine with regular
dosage?

Attachments

• Ryukin.jpg
    Ryukin.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AA!!!

Can you please post your exact parameters for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph along with what you are using to test them? What is your water change and maintenance schedule (%/week)? What specifically do you feed everyone? What type of filtration system and media are you using? The more information you are able to provide, the better we will be able to help! :)

Back
Top Bottom