White growth on driftwood!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andresdeo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey! I'm not sure if this is the right spot for the thread, but hopefully you guys can help. There is a white growth (fungus looking) on my driftwood. Tank has been setup for a month and the DW was bough with 2 Java ferns attached to it from a reputable LFS. Any ideas what it might be and if it is harmful to my RCS. They all seem to be acting ok.

Attachments

• image-3034955173.jpg
    image-3034955173.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 56
  • image-986941116.jpg
    image-986941116.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 55
New dw will do that, should go away on its own, probably nothing to worry about!

White Growth

Hey! I'm not sure if this is the right spot for the thread, but hopefully you guys can help. There is a white growth (fungus looking) on my driftwood. Tank has been setup for a month and the DW was bough with 2 Java ferns attached to it from a reputable LFS. Any ideas what it might be and if it is harmful to my RCS. They all seem to be acting ok.

Hello andre...

Fungus grows in driftwood where small bits of food fall into small cracks. Ramshorn snails will remove it fairly quickly. Just keep the water pure with large, frequent water changes and you'll have no tank problems.

B

Back
Top Bottom