White residues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

breakpoint

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello every1 first of all^^

I just joined this community since it seems like a fun and interesting one.

I used to have a aqu. when I was little and now that Im "all grown up" I got a aquarium from a friend who got it from I dunno were. So its second hand no probs.

I ve read up and watched videos and stuff so the maint. and keeping fish and stuff isnt my problem.

My problem comes to the aquarium in it self, it has white residues around were the water level used to be. I have tried everything I have come round in various forums ,, scrubbing with vinagre, even tried with the 3 different I hava at home :p

tried with a brand new razor to scrape also.

ever tried with a Bathroom cleaner (for calcium build ups) as last resort, yes I know chemicals as strong as this is a BIG NONO but I have cleaned out the tank various(like 20) times after using it with both cold and boiling water. to be sure to get rid of it all.

Im including 2 photos , I hope u can see it.. not to easy trying to take the photos and making it visible

Any help is much appriciated and 2 big thums up for the forum

/danny

Attachments

• 100_2077.jpg
    100_2077.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_2073.jpg
    100_2073.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 53
Welcome Aboard!

It's hard water stains and a lot for what I can see from the pics. I had that on a used tank and found if I laid the tank on it's side, poured lots of full strength vinegar on the bottom wall and let it soak for about 10 minutes or so, then used a very sharp razor blade at a 45 degree angle I was able to get about 95% of it off. Then, rinse once, twice and 3-4 more times to make sure I got it clean.

Good luck!

I have heard that a mix of salt vinegar can work to clean stubborn water stains. Is that glass? Is the surface actually scratched? maybe let the vinegar sit on it for while if possible.

thx for the answers Ill try to let the vinagre sit a bit more.. Ill soak a cloth or something and lay it on so it doesnt drip down:p

Thx Ill be back with answers

well so I tried with the vinagre soaking for about 20 min and tried both scrubbing with rough part of sponge and razor blade and nuthing:S

Yes it is glass and when I run my fingers over it nothing unnormal.. really smoth so I cant feel and scratches or nothing :S

You might try filling the tank and see if they even show up. I had some I gave up on and when the tank is full, you can't really see them (unless you know where to look lol).

Ill try it :( lets hope u cant see it

Thx for ur help guys and if any1 else got some tips keep em comin

Back
Top Bottom