white specs on glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skae310

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently have gotten a bunch of white specs on my glass. They are very tiny and hard to get a picture of, but I will try to post one later. The only thing that I have even come across that are similar are Spirorbid worms (i think thats the name), however I have those as well in the tank so I dont think its those. Possibly related. I'm not sure, but the populations of both just sprouted recently. The specs seem to be a whitish clear color and towards the one end are yellow. They arent like spirals they are just one oval shape I have been scraping them off the glass and they are very hard. They haven't seem to like anything but the glass because thats the only place they appear. Any idea what they are?

I was going to say pods but those almost look like snail eggs. Maybe someone else has a better guess.

They are very small. Its tough to compare them to anything. I will take a comparison pic if I can find anymore. I scraped most of them off.

Should not be. As Scott said earlier they`ll end up being fish food. A few might make it.

Back
Top Bottom