white stuff on my green mushroom rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wally2204

Aquarium Advice Newbie
img_1300555_0_0e0886aee1b9afa7f81775c4ef60522c.jpg
i have a lovely lump of rock in my saltwater tank which is covered with green looking mushrooms and it seems to be sprouting white stuff from the mushrooms can anyone tell me what it could be,when it comes detached from the mushrooms it floats around the tank like spit?but looks elastic.is very weird hope someone can help thanks.

they are expelling their stomachs. something stressed them. they will go back to normal shortly, providing the parameters and lighting are good.
i don't know about detaching though. are you sure it's the same stuff? it could just be slime produced from them, also stress related.

sorry not understand perimeters but they are under t8 marine blue and white lighting as were told this would be ok.half of them gone now altogether,i do appreciate your help tho.when you talk of perimeters what does this mean please.(woman new to the marine lingo sorry)

oh yes sorry der!! i should of realised i do apologise all my temps and water kits tests are spot on some of the mushrooms have gone back too normal like the guy said but the others have gone all together.all fish are fine too.i have had the mushroomroom rock 2 weeks.and am running t8 marine blue and wite lights.very strange but obviously something stressed the other mushrooms.thanks for help i do appreciate it.

your parameters are not spot on if you are losing easy corals like mushrooms. what water tests are you using?

found the problem been away on hols it turned out too be faulty heater now replaced thanks all for help and mr x luckily never lost any thing else,some of the mushrooms still there surprisingly.

They are VERY hardy. That is why mr. X was saying your params might not be so spot on. Are you using a liquid or strip test kit? And what are you testing? (trites, trate, calcium, ammonia)

I've got clear bubbles forming near the cyano, what are those, should I pop them???

NO!!! Do not pop them. They are bubble algae. It will spread if you pop them. I have heard of people picking them of with tweezers.

Back
Top Bottom