white things attaching to glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tnjohn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
my 28 gal tank has been cycling for about a month, i have the lights on a 8 hr a day cycle and i am also running a protein skimmer. keeping temp around 78 80. twice now i have cleaned my glass due to white objects stuck to the glass. they are sm so a pic would not help but the do appear to have 2-4 "arms or limbs " on them. any ideas what these could be.only living thing in tank are 12 snails and 10 hermit crabs. some glass anemones( that i need to kill) also if i have no fish in tank do i really need to run pro skimmer? thanks for the help. proud to be a member of the forum.. john

could be pods, they are critters that do some clean up and also feed soem fish, nothign wrong with havign them around :)

ive had those in my tank before and i kept brushing them away and theyd come right back

i did a PWC and i havent seen them since

good luck

thanks guys(and or girls) I'm new and ignorance is suppose to be bliss but with this new adventure its just spooky!:)

probably small isopods. the ones you see on the glass in a new tank are not the scary ones though. they will disappear as fast as they came.

Back
Top Bottom