White Tree...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ksnell

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This came on a rock with mushrooms from our LFS...

It looks like a little white tree growing out of the live rock. Sorry its not a great picture, but its small and I don't have the best camera.

Thanks.

Attachments

• img_6905_140.jpg
    img_6905_140.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 131
The thing on the right? I can't really tell. Does it have a tube, can you gove any other descriptions?

yea...sorry about the bad picture, but its that thing on the right. Its sort of coming out of a tube, but the tube is bigger than the width of the "tree." My best description is like tree branches, the bigger ones branch into smaller ones, they look pretty rigid, don't seem to sway in the current at all. It kind of looks like very miniature acro. coral, although its not thick at all. I can try and take a better picture, but def. no guarantees. Thanks for looking :)

I have what you are talking about in my tank also...Im not sure what it is exactly but I can say that it is not an acro. I'll try and get pics of it also to post...maybe that will help identify it.

I don't know if these pics will really help or not but here we go...

whitetreeuq1.jpg

whitetree2cw6.jpg

I believe what you have could be foraminiferans. Harmless bacteria and detrius consumer.

Back
Top Bottom