White worm...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CoyoteWildfire

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, today I was watching one of my decorative rocks in my 29G tank this little white thing was wiggling on it. It was very small, maybe two millimeters long, but moved about like an inchworm.

Never seen one of those before, though I did just add a number of new plants to my aquarium. Is this something to be concerned about, and can anyone identify it?

Sorry, there's no way I could possibly do that. One, it was too small, and two, I squished it. I don't have a camera that would be able to get detail that small... :-\

Ah, ok. Ya never know what you'll get in the package with new plants. Just hope there's no snails!

There were. I spot checked them and took out any that I found.

Also, I've been cutting down on the snail population as it is, haha.

mfd, I can't really tell as that's the first I saw of it and it was TINY. I assume if it had grown, it might have grown into that, but I don't really want to find out.

Could this possibly be the creature you saw?
36852-albums1539-picture10491.jpg

Didn't quite look like that. Much much smaller and moved about like an inchworm.

If anything, what I saw was probably a baby of some sort.

I just added some plants to my 20g and I've spotted a few things that sound what like what you're describing as well, I'll be following this thread. Hopefully we'll figure out what they are. The ones in my tank were maybe 2-4mm long..

Back
Top Bottom