whos the boss of your tank? (pics please)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks for the pics everyone, its great seeing so many cool fish.

mattrox, thanks.. thats the first time anyones tried to guess what he is and the metraclima greshakei albino pic's im finding all over google are exactly the same as him, right down to the light orange tint in the dorsal + tail fin.

the face markings (white lines running between the eyes) are identical, and on mine they become extremely bold and vivid when someone is pissing him off :)

and to think i was sold him as an "assorted peacock" and yet he's a zebra :eek:

neptune
5840279976_c780597a47.jpg

my male cockatoo apisto. sorry about picture quality

this is the boss of my tank! anything comes around or anyone for that matter, he's right up in their face haha, i have a blood parrot in there with him that recently dropped some eggs and the oscar is actually helping in the protection detail! its pretty funny!

sorry no idea why its uploaded like this...

Attachments

• photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 330
This is Charlie, he is without a doubt the boss. He is a one year old Red Top Zebra that is 6" long. He's never been in a fight but no one ever challenges him either, when he says "LEAVE" they go away.
But he's really sweet, he's just so big that no one gives him any grief.
He's also the father of our very first fry.

this is the boss of my tank! anything comes around or anyone for that matter, he's right up in their face haha, i have a blood parrot in there with him that recently dropped some eggs and the oscar is actually helping in the protection detail! its pretty funny!

sorry no idea why its uploaded like this...

He is very cool!!!

Here's a couple of my bosses, first one is a experiment I'm peforming on stocking mbuna/peacocks. It's a 72B with 60 species close to full size fish. I'm on a work release so daily water are checked along with 30-50% water changes twice per week, want to see what the first breakdown is going to be, wether it's water conditions or aggression behavior. Plus my Yellow Lab named Woody wanted to be seen as well. So hee's sitting very still into of my mbuna tank.

The second bosses tonight are the in famous 14" Oscar pair, started the dance with weekend and they get a weekend bungolo in a private tank for their bi-annual laying of the eggs.

Attachments

• image-1113274451.jpg
    image-1113274451.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 310
  • image-3880546476.jpg
    image-3880546476.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 302
  • image-3587787970.jpg
    image-3587787970.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
Here's a couple of my bosses, first one is a experiment I'm peforming on stocking mbuna/peacocks. It's a 72B with 60 species close to full size fish. I'm on a work release so daily water are checked along with 30-50% water changes twice per week, want to see what the first breakdown is going to be, wether it's water conditions or aggression behavior. Plus my Yellow Lab named Woody wanted to be seen as well. So hee's sitting very still into of my mbuna tank.

The second bosses tonight are the in famous 14" Oscar pair, started the dance with weekend and they get a weekend bungolo in a private tank for their bi-annual laying of the eggs.

Good luck with your experiment, it's a beautiful set up, Woody is also quite lovely.
But I must say your Oscars are amazing.

dave, my betta, he's chill unless the other fish tempt him betta 1.jpg

The blue one.... He's name is croak bc I thought he was choking when I first got
Him... Now I think he was just being dominate open mouth and shaken and kicking up sand... He chases everything in the tank

Attachments

• image-4289295053.jpg
    image-4289295053.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 195
Back
Top Bottom