Why do snails do this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltcreep1025

Aquarium Advice FINatic
All lined up right where one of my powerheads is blowing. What's the deal?

leRs6vv.jpg

Possible reasons:
>There is not enough oxygen in the water deeper in the tank so they are coming to the surface. Highly oxygenated water is usually higher in the tank.

> there is not enough water movement at the bottom of your tank so the water chemistry at that level is not to their liking.

> They just like the way water feels as it blows through their hair ( shells) lol

(I'm sure there are other possibilities as well. Just can't think of more at the moment. Check your levels at the bottom of the tank ;) )

Hope this helps

If I had any more flow at the bottom of my tank my frags would start taking off I think!

I may be a bit slow lol Are you saying that if you had more flow....
Your frags would start flying off their perches...
Your Frags would start growing better....
Your lower tank level has water rushing through it so my low water circulation posibility doesn't " hold water" ? :brows:

HAHA sorry that could be taken many ways! I meant they would start flying away. Pretty sure I have plenty of water flow.

Then I'm sticking with "They like the way it feels against their shells" lol But seriously, as long as the water quality is okay, I'd not be too concerned. It might just be something that type of snail likes. ( They are all the same type aren't they?)

More curious than concerned. They are indeed all cerith snails... perhaps that is where all the cool snails hang?

Cliques lol

Possibly there was some algae that wanted to grow on that area and they all sensed it and congregated there coincedentally? Running out of excuses lol:confused:

Allllll of my ceriths do the same thing and I have about 20. They'll do it even before the lights go out at 8pm if I forget to shut them off. Must just be the cool place to hang!

Back
Top Bottom